Today, we continue the beta stage of XenForo 2.1 with Beta 6. This release fixes a number of bugs found since the previous releases.
Alongside this release, we have released 2.1.0 Beta 1 of each of our official add-ons. These include further adjustments to account for the changes and new systems present in 2.1 plus some smaller improvements:
- Both XFRM and XFMG now have basic API support.
- Both XFRM and XFMG now support auto marking some alerts as read when viewing relevant pages.
- XFRM external download buttons are now visually different from local download buttons.
- When a moderator deletes an XFRM resource, a public delete reason can be provided.
- XFRM categories now have a "Enable support URL" option which can enable/disable the support URL field.
- XFRM now allows you to manually set, change or remove the associated discussion thread on a per-resource basis.
- XFRM now supports page-level criteria (for notices etc.) for individual resource categories.
- XFRM now tracks and displays resource views.
- XFMG has re-introduced a configurable limit for the maximum length of media/album titles and descriptions.
- XFMG has re-introduced an option to control the default view privacy of a personal album (now defaults to public).
We strongly recommend anyone testing 2.1 during this beta period upgrade as each beta/preview version is released.