About This File
A highly secure & easy to setup Two Factor Authentication (Google Authenticator) for your WordPress site. Rather than relying on a password alone, which can be phished or guessed, miniOrange Two Factor authentication (Google Authenticator) adds a second layer of security to your WordPress accounts. It protects your website from hacks and unauthorized login attempts.
This plugin provides two factor authentication during login. If you are looking for OTP Verification of users during Registration then we have a separate plugin for this. Click Here to learn more.
- You can login using username + password + two-factor or username + two-factor.
- Two-Factor can be enabled for role wise.
- It can be deployed for your entire userbase in minutes.
- All types of phones are supported Smart Phones (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry), Basic Phones, Landlines, etc.
- If your phone is lost or stolen or discharged, we offer alternate login methods like OTP Over Email and Security Questions (KBA).
- If your phone is offline, you can use a one time passcode generated by app to login.
- It offers inline registration of users so you can simply activate and configure the plugin and you are all set.
- We support multi factor authentication for all type of phones.
- Soft Token, QR Code Authentication,Push Notification are supported by miniOrange Authenticator App.
- Google Authenticator method is supported by both Google Authenticator and Authy App. You can configure Google Authenticator method by Google Authenticator as well as Authy 2-Factor Authentication App.
- If you want to login from mobile browser then any authentication method can be converted into Security Questions (KBA) by just one click.
- You can customize the Security Questions (KBA). You can add your own setup of questions in the Security Questions list. Administrator as well as users both can add custom questions. Administrator can also decide how many questions user can setup for Security Questions.
Apps Supported by miniOrange Two Factor Authentication?
- miniOrange Authenticator App.
- Google Authenticator App.
- Authy 2-Factor Authentication App.
How is miniOrange Two Factor Auth different?
- We support multilpe authentication methods along with their backup method.
- We support Device Identification. If the user select remember device then in the next login from same device, user will not be prompted for Two Factor.
- We support Two Factor for Woocommerce frontend login theme.
- ShortCode is now available for different frontend custom login page.
- Two Factor Auth using ShortCode for Premium themes are also supported. If you need help for integrating Two Factor, you can contact us.
- It is very difficult to login into your site from mobile browser with second factor enabled. We provide you option that will convert any authentication method into Security Questions (KBA) on mobile browser.
How miniOrange Authenticator App is better?
We support both miniOrange Authenticator and Google Authenticator. But, we recommend you to use miniOrange Authenticator App as
- miniOrange Authenticator App encrypts all data, whereas Google Authenticator stores data in plain text.
- miniOrange Authenticator App has in-build Pin-Protection so you can protect your google authenticator keys or whole app using pin whereas Google Authenticator is not protected at all.
- miniOrange has better backup methods.
- No need to type in the code at all. Contact us to get miniOrange Autofill Plugin, it can seamlessly connect your computer to your phone. Code will get auto filled and saved.
By default, Two-Factor Authentication (Google Authenticatot) plugin for WordPress is free for 1 user forever. Limited Authentication methods are included in the free version of plugin. Telephony credits are needed for certain authentication methods like Phone Verification, OTP over SMS. In order to protect more accounts or use enterprise features, you need to upgrade to premium version of plugin. Besides including all authentication methods, it has inline registration for all users, user management dashboard access, remember device, manage device profiles, customize options for email and sms templates,custom redirect after login,customize Security Questions (KBA) customized UI for login screens etc. You can upgrade to premium version of plugin to have these features.
Customized solutions and Active support is available. Email us at [email protected] or call at +1 9786589387.
Ability to define trusted locations, trusted time of access and User behavior rules are supported. Email us at [email protected] or call at +1 9786589387.
Single Sign on into any cloud application E.g Google Apps, Salesforce, Office 365, Box, DropBox etc are supported. Check out 3000+ apps that are supported here http://miniorange.com/single-sign-on-sso
miniOrange supports 15+ authentication methods. For a complete list of authentication methods please visit http://miniorange.com/strong_auth . If you want to have any other 2-factor for your WordPress site, Contact us.
- One time passcodes (OTP) over SMS
- OTP over Email
- OTP over SMS and Email
- Out of Band SMS
- Out of Band Email
- Google Authenticator
- Soft Token (similar to google authenticator)
- Push Notification
- USB based Hardware token (yubico)
- Security Questions
- Mobile Authentication ( QR Code authentication )
- Voice Authentication (Biometrics)
- Phone Verification
- Device Identification
- Time of Access
- User Behavior
You can choose from any of the above two factor auth methods to augment your password based authentication. miniOrange multi factor authentication service works with all phone types, from landlines to smart-phone platforms.